Monday, June 16, 2008

Math Blog

This year has been very informative and we learned new things such as proportions, fractions(add,subtract,multiply,divide), etc. One day if I become a banker I will remember Mr.Boehm hopefully to thank him for teaching me the basics of interest and fractions.
We learned how to figure out I=PTR which means interest is equal to principal amount x time x ratio which is percent. In life you could use this if you are buying a car our any household appliances(electricity)
Or probabilities if I want to bet on a horse or the lottery. Or fractions when cooking or percentages when writing out checks and taxes.
We also learned how to add and subtract decimals. That will help us when we buy from a store, which also includes needing to know percentages so we know how much tax we will need to pay.
This year I have learned many things, but next year I’m hoping that I will be able to comprehend better and also learn new things.

No comments: